This section belongs to the industry area of the Festival for professionals only.
The Industry Club will present this selection to national and international professionals accredited at the International Film Festival.
This programme, organised by the International Film Festival with the Amiens (France) and Fribourg (Switzerland) international festivals, seeks to facilitate the completion of the films presented and exclusively comprises feature films at the end of their filming or at the post-production.
This rendezvous is open to filmmakers from the Maghreb, developing Arab countries: Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine and Syria, and from all countries on the African continent in general.
The directors and/or producers of the selected films will have the chance to defend their projects before professionals from all sectors accredited at the Industry Club.
Different kinds of aid will be granted within the framework of Cinema in Motion, among which:
Cinema in Motion thanks the following companies and institutions for their backing:
Cinema in Motion is a joint initiative between the San Sebastian Festival in collaboration with the Amiens and Fribourg international festivals intended to facilitate the post-production stage and boost the international circulation of feature films made by filmmakers from the Maghreb, developing Arab countries and countries on the African continent in general. These films are rigorously chosen by the selection committees of all three festivals.
A selection of works will be exclusively screened for professionals (producers, distributors, exhibitors, buyers, television networks, technical industries, aid funds, festival programmers and institutions) in the endeavour to ensure that these productions can be completed, distributed and exhibited to the public.
1. Cinema in Motion takes place in the month of September during the San Sebastian Festival www.sansebastianfestival.com.
The San Sebastian Festival circulates the call to all of the industry professionals in its database, in addition to publishing news of the event in the media and on its website.
2. The call is open to feature films directed and/or produced totally or partially by filmmakers from the Maghreb, developing Arab countries: Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine and Syria, and from all countries on the African continent in general.
The directors and/or producers of the selected films will have the opportunity to defend their works before professionals from all sectors accredited at San Sebastian Festival’s Industry Club.
3. The selection will be made jointly by members of the selection committees from the San Sebastian, Amiens and Fribourg Festivals.
4. All those interested can enter free of charge, by duly completing an online entry form. They must also send 3 DVD copies of the filmed material before the established deadline to the address indicated for each call. The film must have English or French subtitles. None of the material submitted will be returned. The envelope must be clearly labelled: “Material with no commercial value. For cultural use only”. The organisers will take no responsibility whatsoever for delivery costs.
5. A selection of 4 films will be made. The organisation reserves the right to increase this number where it deems appropriate.
6. The decision taken by the committees regarding the selected projects will be final.
7. Those responsible for the selected projects must confirm the presence of their projects at Cinema in Motion during the San Sebastian Festival. This presence depends upon having provided the material requested by the organisation for incorporation to its catalogue and website.
8. The jury cannot leave the awards vacant and the awards announced by the jury will be final.
Cinema in Motion Awards at the San Sebastian Festival:
9. The organisation reserves the option to make selection proposals for the Festival programme to films having participated in Cinema in Motion.
10. All of the selected films undertake to include the Cinema in Motion logo and the phrase “with the support of Cinema in Motion” on the opening credits of the final copy and on all promotional material. The Festival organisation will provide the logo on request.
11. The San Sebastian Festival Management reserves the right to the final decision regarding all doubts arising from the interpretation of these rules and regulations.
12. In the event of discrepancy in the interpretation of these rules and regulations, the Spanish version will apply.